The SFHG needs your financial support so that we can continue to offer you all these great homebrew-centered events! Why do we need your support, you ask? It takes quite a bit of money to put together some of our events, all money raised by the SFHG goes right back into the organization. Here’s how we use it: creating and printing fliers and banners; paying for our URL and yearly server fees; equipment for events such as folding tables, glasses, jockey boxes, and CO2 tanks; purchasing food for grill outs; etc.
The SFHG offers many great benefits to its members, including:
- First dibs on tickets to future SFHG events like our Meet the Homebrewer event series. Many events have to be limited due to space.
- 10% off at SF Brewcraft and at The Oak Barrel in Berkeley! Support your local homebrew shop! Homebrewers who shop local will make back most of their SFHG membership fee on this discount alone.
- Invites to free members-only events.
- Discounts for many general-invite events (whenever possible members will pay a minimal amount for events, however, there are some events where this just isn’t possible, such as where the host venue is giving everyone all the pizza they can eat!).
- Discounts on the very cool SFHG gear we are currently designing and will start selling soon.
- An SFHG membership card.
- Feel fuzzy and warm about having helped the SFHG continue to arrange these great events and to purchase the equipment we need for them!
- We’re currently working to add many more benefits to SFHG membership! We will announce them on a rolling basis as they are locked in with homebrew supply retailers, the American Homebrewer’s Assoc, SF Brewer’s Guild member brew pubs, and other local Bay Area purveyors of fine craft beer!
Not ready to commit just yet? We understand, but please join the SFHG mailing list so you’ll receive updates about the latest in San Francisco homebrew happenings! We hope to see you at a few events and that you’ll eventually decide to fully join up and support us!